Developing
12:17 pm
Wed March 5, 2014

Bills 'postpone' Toronto series

The Buffalo Bills series in Toronto has featured poor attendance and losing games for the "home team."

The Buffalo Bills have put their annual regular-season game in Toronto on hold. The team will play all eight home games at Ralph Wilson Stadium next season.

The team announced Wednesday it will take a break from the series that featured a Bills home game at Toronto's Rogers Centre over each of the last six seasons. The decision comes a little more than a year after the Bills reached an agreement with Rogers Media to renew the series though 2017.

In an official statement, the Buffalo Bills say the series has been "postponed" for one year so they can work to provide a better fan experience to Toronto.

Last year's game attracted a crowd of just under 39,000. The Bills are just 1-5 since the series began. Bills President and CEO Russ Brandon says the team has not played well in Toronto and the club's experience  has been "a roller coaster."

"That's on us. We take full responsibility for that," he said. "Obviously, this past year was disappointing with that sort of neutral crowd that we had there."

Brandon says the team will be doing a "detailed full analysis" of the Toronto series.

"We're going to look at every aspect [so] if we do come back, we have a more robust fan experience and try to create more of a home field advantage for us. That was not the situation."

The team also announced Wednesday it has extended the contract of DB Aaron Williams, reportedly for another four years.