A mother and her six-month-old baby suffered second-degree burns after being struck by malfunctioning fireworks on the Fourth of July.
Police say Eugene Lapress, 38, of Westwood Road in Lancaster was setting off the charges about 9:30 p.m. When police arrived on the scene, they confiscated the remaining fireworks and arrested Lapress.
The baby girl was taken to Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo with burns over 18 percent of her body. The 22-year-old mother was also burned and taken to Sister's of Charity Hospital.
Lancaster Police originally posted on their Facebook page that the baby's mother was being arrested, but that has apparently been changed. An investigation continues.