Fri October 12, 2012
Roll up your sleeve: Drive-thru flu shot clinics
If you think you're too busy to get a flu shot -- think again! Western New York Immediate Care will be holding drive-thru flu clinics in the region Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Claire Jones is with Immediate Care. She says you don't have to leave your vehicle to receive shot.
"Drive right up, roll down the window and roll up their sleeves," said Jones. "They will be met by a registration person. They will have their temperature taken. They will drive up to the next person to get their shot. The whole process takes not even five minutes."
Most insurance plans will cover the $35.00 cost.
The Centers for Disease Control advise that everyone over the age of six months and pregnant women should receive a flu shot.
"Our point is to make it as easy and convenient as possible," noted Jones.
Here is a listing of all five area locations for drive-thru flu clinics on Saturday, October 13, 2o12:
- 7616 Transit Rd., Williamsville - across from Eastern Hills Mall
- 2099 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst - just north of the I-290, next to The Pancake House
- 2497 Delaware Ave., Buffalo - just north of Hertel, next to Frank's Sunny Italy
- 5014 Transit Rd., Cheektowaga - between Losson Road and Como Park Boulevard, just north of Wegmans
- 3050 Orchard Park Rd., Orchard Park - just north of the Tops/Lowes plaza, next to Leisure Rinks and Duff’s Restaurant
For more information go to WNY Immediate Care's Website.