A young boy who suffered severe burns after kicking a can of paint thinner into a fire on the Tuscarora Indian Reservation has died.
The 6-year-old boy, whose name has not been released, was being treated in a burn unit at Shriners Hospital for Children in Cincinnati, where he died Sunday from his injuries.
The incident happened on April 10 at a home on Walmore Road in Niagara County. The boy had gone into a neighbor's yard and kicked the accelerant into smoldering embers from a bonfire the previous night. .