One man is dead and a woman was seriously injured in an early morning fire Saturday in the Town of Amherst.
It happened on Bramblewood Lane. A male resident of the home was found dead inside. A woman, believed to be the victim's mother, was taken to the Erie County Medical Center for treatment of burns and smoke inhalation. Authorities are not yet releasing their names.
Responding firefighters found the home engulfed in flames. The woman was already outside but the fire was too intense for firefighters to enter the home for a rescue of the man.
According to the Buffalo News, the fire may have started in the chimney. The home was destroyed.