Chautauqua County is reporting 12 new cases of COVID-19 and investigating a new cluster in the North County linked to a private event.
Those new cases, reported as of Oct. 22, are around the county:
- 5 cases in 14048 (Dunkirk)
- 2 cases in 14724 (Clymer)
- 1 case in 14701 (Jamestown)
- 1 case in 14063 (Fredonia)
- 1 case in 14136 (Silver Creek)
- 1 case in 14716 (Brocton)
- 1 case in 14750 (Lakewood)
County officials reported 10 active cases among employees and 44 active cases among residents associated with the long-term care facility Tanglewood Manor in Derby. Eight employees and 42 residents associated with this outbreak have recovered.
However, the Health Department is currently investigating another cluster of cases in the North County. Officials said at least 11 cases over the last week are linked to the private event.
To date, there have been 783 recovered cases, 13 deaths and 924 total confirmed cases, while 16 people are currently hospitalized.