It's construction season in Western New York and Erie County has recently received an infusion of additional funding to repair even more roads this summer.
Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz and Commissioner of Public Works William Geary made the announcement on Friday of the new projects. The $1.1 million comes from the release of funds from the New York State Emergency Winter Recovery Fund, which was authorized by Governor Andrew Cuomo.
The county allocated $40 million for improving roads across the region and this additional money will fund nine additional miles of construction projects.
- Bowen Road in Lancaster from William Street to Broadway
- Davis Road in Aurora from Jewett Holmwood to Ellicott Road
- East Church Street in Eden from Route 62 to Route 75
- Grote Road in Concord from Zoar Valley Road to Morton Road
- New Road in Amherst from Millersport Highway to Dodge Road
- North French Road from Campbell Boulevard to Sweet Home Road
Commissioner Geary mentioned that approximately 80% of the internal work from the county is complete and ahead of schedule. Contracted projects, however, are expected to begin later this summer.