Nearly 20 local philanthropic organizations are coming together to create the Western New York COVID-19 Community Response Fund, in partnership with the United Way of Buffalo and Erie County.
The Fund will be used to address the most immediate needs across the eight-county region, especially in the areas of health, human services, food, childcare and the needs of front-line coronavirus responders.
"The WNY COVID-19 Community Response Fund is an opportunity to assist those who are working tirelessly to meet the needs of people affected by COVID-19," according to the John R. Oishei Foundation. "By pooling funds and encouraging additional support, we can help essential organizations with funding designed to complement public sector funds."
The groups have amassed more than $4 million, which will complement public sector fiinancial efforts. Local foundations will invite a selection of organizations who are addressing these imediate needs to apply for funding.
Anyone able can donate to the fund. Sponsors include:
- Bank of America Charitable Foundation
- BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York Blue Fund
- Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
- East Hill Foundation
- Grigg Lewis Foundation
- Health Foundation for Western & Central New York
- James H. Cummings Foundation
- Key Bank and First Niagara Foundation
- M&T Bank
- Margaret L. Wendt Foundation
- Patrick P. Lee Foundation
- Peter and Elizabeth C Tower Foundation
- Pinto Family Foundation
- Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation
- The Baird Foundation
- The John R. Oishei Foundation
- The Margaret L. Wendt Foundation
- Western New York Foundation