The National Weather Service issued a Winter Storm Warning until 1 p.m. for Western New York. Heavy snow is expected, with total accumulations of 7"-14" in the metro Buffalo area, Northtowns and Orleans and Genesee counties, 6"-10" across the Southern Tier. Sleet may mix in at times and winds will be gusting as high as 35 mph, producing drifts and poor visibility. The NWS said to expect dangerous travel.
Schools closings will be updated as they come in. Here is the latest list:
- Buffalo Seminary
- Cantalician Center, All Dayhab Sites
- Central Christian Academy, Dunkirk
- Early Childhood Research Center, UB North
- Erie 1 BOCES, Potter Center Evening Classes Canceled
- Erie 1 BOCES, Workforce Development Classes Canceled
- Holy Cross Head Start, Inc.
- Newfane Central Schools
- Niagara Falls City Schools
- Niagara University
- North Tonawanda City Schools
- Portville Central Schools
- Sacred Heart Villa School
- St. Joseph School, University Heights
- St. Peter's Roman Catholic School
- Starpoint Central Schools
Here is a look at where the snow fell around the region (as of 8 a.m.):
- Niagara Falls, Niagara County 9.5"
- Le Roy, Genesee County 8.7"
- Tonawanda, Erie County 7"
- Dunkirk, Chautauqua County 6"
- Buffalo Airport, Erie County 5.9"
- Little Valley, Cattaraugus County 4"
- Hamburg, Erie County and Wellsville, Allegany County 3.5"
- Portageville, Wyoming County 3.2"
More snowfall is expected before 1 p.m.