Chipotle Mexican Grill

Health officials have determined that a type of bacteria found in food left at unsafe temperatures is the cause of an outbreak of gastrointestinal illness that struck 647 people who ate last month at a Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurant in Ohio.

Between July 26 and July 30, customers of a Chipotle restaurant in Powell, Ohio, just north of Columbus, complained of food poisoning and diarrhea after eating tacos and burrito bowls there.

Photo from Chipotle Twitter feed.

The Erie County Health Department is investigating a case of E-coli that is linked to an area Chipotle Mexican Grill Restaurant. In the past month there were similar outbreaks in five other states.