Doug Ford

Doug Ford / Twitter

People in Ontario will have to stay at home for at least another two weeks. The province has extended the stay-at-home order until June 2.

Christine Elliott / Twitter

COVID-19 daily case counts in Ontario have dropped significantly over the past week, but the provincial government is being advised to keep the stay-at-home order in effect beyond the May 20 expiration date. The pandemic restrictions could continue into June.

Monte McNaughton / Twitter

After weeks of pressure, Ontario has announced a program of paid sick leave benefits. It’s the latest move by Premier Doug Ford’s government to help curb the transmission of COVID-19.


Doug Ford / Twitter

The premier of Ontario has offered an apology to the people of his province for what he called moving too fast last week in announcing new measures to curb the spread of COVID-19. He also offered hope for a measure that many labour leaders and health care experts have been demanding.

Doug Ford / Twitter

Ontario Premier Doug Ford ordered yet another set of restrictions Friday to try to curb the spread of the pandemic, but some of those measures ran into a firestorm of criticism, so much so that he had to reverse them.

Still, COVID-19 daily case counts in Ontario continue to sky rocket, reaching more than 4,000 a day over the weekend, and hospitals are filling up with COVID-19 patients. Ford admitted, the province is on the ropes.

Sylvia Jones / Twitter

With COVID-19 cases counts breaking records, Ontario is considering stricter measures. The province had a record-setting 4,736 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday.

Doug Ford / Twitter

As expected, Ontario Premier Doug Ford has brought down new tough restrictions, less than a week after imposing a shutdown. Ford sent his province back into lockdown, in a bid to curb the spread of the coronavirus pandemic’s third wave.

Doug Ford / Twitter

Less than a week since announcing a province-wide shutdown, Ontario Premier Doug Ford says tougher restrictions are on the way. The change comes as Ford faces calls from the medical community for stronger measures in the face of surging cases of the coronavirus.

Doug Ford / Twitter

Ontario Premier Doug Ford is facing growing criticism over the latest shutdown. Some political opponents say it’s too little to late and many in the healthcare sector say his latest measures don’t go far enough.

Doug Ford / Twitter

As expected, Ontario is again about to go under a province-wide shutdown. It will take effect at midnight.

Doug Ford / Twitter

Ontario Premier Doug Ford is warning people in his province to be prepared for another possible lockdown, as the coronavirus surges. Ford’s warning comes after a key scienitific adviser says the pandemic in Ontario is completely out of control.

Doug Ford / Twitter

The Ontario government is providing $1.2 billion in new money to help the province’s hospitals. The announcement comes as the rolling 7-day average of new COVID-19 cases hits 1,600.

Toronto Pearson Airport

The Canadian government has announced tougher measures aimed at international travelers to curb the spread of the coronavirus. Those measures come into effect this week. However, Ontario Premier Doug Ford said he won’t wait and is implementing measures Monday.

Doug Ford / Twitter

Ontario Premier Doug Ford visited Toronto's Pearson Airport Monday, as he urged the federal government to bolster travel restrictions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 variants.

Doug Ford / Twitter

The Ford government is facing criticism over its stay-at-home order. Many people in Ontario say the directives aren’t clear and even some health care professionals say they’re disappointed.

Ontario YouTube Channel

Ontario Premier Doug Ford has issued a stay-at-home order to people in the province and declared a state of emergency. They are the latest measures to curb the increasing number of cases of COVID-19.

Doug Ford / Twitter

New modeling for the coronavirus in Ontario is expected to be unveiled early this week. It comes as the province is averaging well over 3,000 new cases a day and officials expect the numbers to continue to rise.

Frank Augstein / Associated Press

The Ontario government is taking criticism for the slow rollout of COVID-19 vaccines. It comes as the province surpasses 200,000 total cases of the coronavirus.

Rick Hillier / Twitter

The number of coronavirus cases in Ontario continues to climb, reaching a new record over the past two days of nearly 4,500. There’s also been criticism of the slowness of the vaccine rollout.

Twitter

Ontario will going into a province-wide lockdown beginning the day after Christmas. Premier Doug Ford says the decision was necessary because the numbers of COVID-19 infections are accelerating at an alarming rate.

Doug Ford / Twitter

The Ontario Hospital Association is calling on the province to move all regions in the so-called "red zone" of the coronavirus into an enforced shutdown. The call comes as Ontario logs more than 2,000 new COVID-19 cases for the third day in a row.

Doug Ford / Twitter

Ontario has again shattered its record for the number of daily new cases of the coronavirus, posting 1,575 cases on Thursday. New modeling suggests the province could see explosive growth as it continues into the second wave of the pandemic.

It’s the Thanksgiving Holiday in Canada today, and across the country people are being asked to stay home and celebrate because of the increasing number of cases of COVID-19.


Twitter

A spike in the number of coronavirus cases in Ontario is leading some experts to say the province is close to a second wave of the pandemic. The upward trend began more than a week ago and the Ontario government is scrambling to introduce measures to combat the spread, including hefty fines for people who refuse to follow the health guidelines.

No more reopening in Ontario for another 28 days

Sep 9, 2020
File Photo / WBFO News

Ontario Premier Doug Ford said the province is putting the brakes on its reopening plans until October. The announcement comes after officials announced a spike in the number of COVID-19 cases over the long weekend.

Indigenous demonstrators have returned to the site of a housing development at the center of a land dispute in southern Ontario, the day after nine people were arrested following a violent clash with police.

Twitter

Ontario Premier Doug Ford has announced that most of his province will move to the next stage of reopening at the end of the week. Toronto and a few other areas will have to wait.

Twitter

There was sharp criticism from Ontario Premier Doug Ford of the United States' handling of the coronavirus pandemic, with Ford describing some states' quick reopening as "reckless."


Province of Ontario

Beginning Friday, more restrictions put in place in Ontario because of COVID-19 will begin to be relaxed. The province's premier has also announced a cautious restart of family visits to long-term care and retirement homes.

Ontario enters Phase 2 of reopening, except for the GTA

Jun 12, 2020

Ontario is finally entering Phase 2 of its reopening plan, meaning more businesses can open and the limit on gatherings is doubled. But the Toronto area will have to wait.


Pages